Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wow, it's been awhile. . . Apologies again but I still don't have internet at my apartment (grr) and I just dislike spending a lot of time here in the computer lab. So! Let me attempt to let you in on what's been going on with me for the past week. :o)

A couple of weeks ago, I went to NTI (New Teacher Induction) with alll the other new teachers to the district. One of the only upsides was that I met a lot of other teachers - all of whom are really cool (of course. i mean, all teachers are cool, duh)! Anywho - it was good I guess. That weekend, I attempted to get a little more settled in my new apartment. (and I don't remember what else ... that was two weeks ago)

The next week, I had teacher inservice allllll week. Something everyday! I did get to attend a couple of really good seminars on autism and also a team grouping meeting for the office that I work in. **side note** Yeah, so I work in an office now. It's totally bizarre. I always thought my "office" would be my classroom or attached to a gymnasium. But, I'm sure it's gonna be really good and a great experience.** Okay so back to last week ... I also went by the highschool a few times to see the ladies from last year. I miss them SO much. They're just so fun and there is more to them than just work - they're ... real. haha.. Anywho, I am gonna go see them a lot I think. And then this last weekend, I kinda bummed around on Saturday - got some stuff done around the apartment and stuff. Yeah.. stuff. Sunday was fun - after church we went to eat at Wings N More for a "good bye Lauren" party thing. It was good. :o) Sunday night I went helped Ashley paint her room. I am just awesome . . . I painted two whole walls. Yeah.. I rock. Basically. hehe...

This week has started off good! Yesterday, Laurie (my coworker) and I went around to a lot of the schools and met teachers, talked about schedules, etc. I also had some coaching stuff.

TODAY is/was the first day of school !!! I'm part-time, so I went to work at 8 and I got off at 12!! Yeah, this pretty much rocks. I'll go up to the highschool in about 45 minutes and visit and get ready for athletics. I might really really like my schedule :o) Haha..

In other life things, I have just kinda been cruising. Trying to make it from day to day. The end of July/beginning of August has been hectic with friends visiting (I miss you girls [and Ben]!!) and friends moving away (Love you Patrice and Lauren!!), but it's change, and I'm makin it. I think I have decided that I want to teach 9th grade Sunday School at the church. I might just be insane, but I think it'll be cool.

I gotta jet, but I'm praying for you! Please keep prayin for me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok so if you taught 9th grade sunday school I would LOVE you forever. Well I do love you and will for forever. but I guess you would just be my lifesaver. Oh my gosh, you should totally do it. Because If a certain someone is teaching it then Im not going to go to Sunday School. I mean if you dont do it then dont feel bad or anything. Im just saying that would be totally awesome. Well I love you so much and Im glad your first day went well. I have to say that high school is definitely the best, well so far. haha love you

Jodi