Wednesday, October 03, 2007

what would YOU do??

I went to Whataburger tonight after my soccer game and ordered a burger and a drink. That's it. No fries, because I knew I didn't want to eat them. So I sit and wait, because Whataburger is a happenin' place.. and I wait.. and then I get my food! The lady brings it out to me and says, "I think he messed up your order, so I put some fries in there." Oh no!!!! I felt so bad... I told her I really really didn't want them and wasn't going to eat them, could she please take them back? And I guess for food safety, they can't take food back once it's been given to the customer, so now I have an order of fries sitting in my Whataburger bag.

It's so frustrating, because the lady thought she was doing me a favor by giving me the fries, and I guess I should feel blessed because it's a free blessing, ya know? But at the same time, I feel bad because I'm pretty sure I'm just going to throw them out into the woods behind the apartment (I know it's eventually going to just sit in a landfill, so why not give it to nature a little bit sooner and without the plastic garbage bag?). I don't have a roommate to give them to, and I think it would be totally awkward to just give them to someone in the complex that I don't know. I mean, picture it..

"Hi - Excuse me -- I have some extra fries from Whataburger, do you want them?"

.... Shady!!!

Random thoughts

For whatever reason, I've had some serious topics on the brain today.

For example, President Bush used a veto this morning (or last night) that denies a bill being passed that raises funds and provides health care for almost 4 million children.

CHILDREN. And he said no!! What am I supposed to think?? Granted, I don't know all of the costs and little nuances of it, but I know that these children need healthcare!!!!! I think the bill would add another tax to cigarettes, but I'm pretty dang sure that if the bill were to raise the tax on alcohol or something else I buy on a regular basis like (not that I buy alcohol on a regular basis...) .. toaster struedels.. just so that 4 million children could have health care... I'D PAY IT!!!! How ridiculous!!! Arghh...

Another thing I thought about on my way home tonight...
As I drove by Grace Bible, I saw a sign that said Pray to end Abortion. Yes, let's!!
But as I continued to drive, I started thinking further on this topic.. (I thought about abortion, not prayer) back in the day, before abortion was really well known.. like wayy back before the 1930s, abortion wasn't really an option. Women who got pregnant pretty much had to go through with the pregnancy and then once the baby was born, well, I don't know what they did with a kid they didn't want, but that's beside the point. They had to go through with it! There was no "quick fix" for pregnancy or even for allergies, the flu or diarrhea for that matter. We live in a society today that allows and encourages a "quick fix" for whatever ails us. We have the geek squad for our computers, band aids for our boo boos, a spare tire in the trunk when we get a flat, we can go shopping from the comfort of our home and with a few clicks on the keyboard! What if we didn't have these quick fixes? What if life was a whole lot harder??

I think I would, and many others, would rely on God a lot more.. and would have a stronger prayer life.. and would have a stronger fear of God.

Sometimes, sometimes, I wish life were a little bit harder. We'll see what He gives me now that I've asked. (yikes!)




stay tuned for pictures from the David Crowder Band concert!! yeah!

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you were in Houston you could just give the fries to someone homeless. But alas, College Station homeless people are few and far between (should I have said alas? I'm not sure that's a bad thing :) )...

Anonymous said...

Interesting random thoughts. Very thought provoking to me. Hmm... What is life were harder. Sometimes I think life is already pretty hard, but I forget about all the quick fixes we have around that make things easier. Wow. Can't wait to see the pics from the concert, even though I was there! Can't believe I left my camera in the car!! AAAHHHH!!!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! :o)