Saturday, March 18, 2006

Oh my goodness, if you missed the varsity girls' soccer game tonight (which I assume ... all ... of you did) you missed a freaking great game. Basically the outright district championship was on the line. If Consol beat Belton, we would have been co-champs. If Belton had won, they would have been outright champs.

Well, we tied. Even with 20 minutes of overtime. It was one of the best games that I have seen this group of girls play. It was just ... dang. A good game. We were down 2-0 at halftime, Pryor gave a good talk in the field house, the girls went back out and Ky scored from outside the 18 yd box (because their goalie wasn't too great). Belton put up a hard fight with two goals called back because they were offsides. Then we were granted a direct kick about 22 yds outside the goal, off to the left. Baker took the kick and just put it in to the right back corner. The whole team was so excited.

Oy. Next/Last home game of th 06 season is next Friday, against Copperas Cove. Come watch me coach! :o) 5pm for JV and 7pm for varsity. Whut whut!

1 comment:

CarrieG said...

Hey - who is this? While I am sure we are buds in reality, I have never heard of your online name of "ranch." Help me solve the mystery! E-mail me or leave the answer on my blog!

Your friend....I'm sure of it,

Carrie G ;)
www.orangesesame.blogspot.com