Monday, October 23, 2006

RIP Alero . . .

Yeah, the Alero has been deemed "totalled" by my insurance company. It's a sad day... It's really frustrating too, because I have had that car for over 4 years now. That's the longest I've ever driven a car. That's kind of sad, too. Haha...

So, I've been driving a rental car for this past weekend (and if I had the money, I'd buy it!). It's a Dodge Caliber. I've never driven a Dodge consistently. I really like it a lot. It's sporty and new!! And it accelerates a lot quicker than the Alero did. But, since I don't have a lot of money, I'll have to wait until my job becomes full time and I can afford to have a car payment along with all my other bills.

For now, Mom has decided that she wanted to buy a car anyways, so she has found herself a nice Buick Rainier, which is a midsize SUV, but it's really nice. So we'll go pick that up tomorrow and I'll be driving her Honda Accord as my car now.

I was talking to my mom earlier last week and I was telling her that I was trying to understand why God had allowed this to happen, what kind of lesson was I supposed to learn? She smartly replied that God's telling me to get a full time job so I can afford car payments. I scoffed and thought otherwise. One good thing from all this is that I have hung out with my mom a lot, so maybe it's been for that reason. And of course, I should learn when to move a car with rising waters and also know that possessions on earth are only temporary. That's a pretty big one.

Thank you for all your prayers and concern over my last week. Hopefully things will be back to "normal" soon. :o)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

sad day....so many fun memories in that alero, but thats ok..new beginnings are good too. I hope you have a great week randi, I'll be thinking bout ya!