Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Have you ever had a divine appointment? I don't know the true definition of it, but it was once explained to me that God plans for you to meet or see specific people during your day. And you may not talk to these people or you may have a sit down conversation; you may know the person or they may be a stranger. It's a pretty awesome thing when you recognize it.
Anyway - I had a divine appointment today. On my way home from Caldwell today, I decided I really wanted some mozzarella cheese sticks from Sonic. And there are no Sonics directly on my way from Caldwell to the house. So I took the long way home and stopped by the Sonic on Briarcrest. I got to the ordering thing in the drive through and the chick talked me into a soft drink since they were half price (happy hour). So I pull up to the window, give the girl my money and she gives me my drink. I'm sittin there waiting on my cheese sticks and I look over inside the kitchen, and this girl walks over to check the order monitor and I swear she looks like this girl I played soccer with in high school.
So I kinda do this double take thing, and so does she... it's her!! I have not seen this chick since I graduated and it's not like we were friends or anything. In fact, we didn't get along most of the time! We argued a lot and I just disagreed with her on .. pretty much everything. After I graduated, she still had a year left and I'm not even sure if she graduated or not. She kinda fell of the face of the earth, or moved away (haha.. same thing) and I tried to find things out about her cuz I always wondered. You know how that is?
SO ANYWAY.... we couldn't really strike up a conversation or anything, so she smiled at me. It blew me out of the water. I never thought in a million years that she would smile at me after all the bickering and disagreeing we did.
But God's just awesome like that I guess. Well, he is, duh. There's not a lot of guess work involved there.
So back to this divine appointment thing, if you want to experience this, just ask Him. It may not be tomorrow, but I've asked before and I got one a couple of years ago. It's a stinkin awesome thing and it always reminds me of the little ways God works in my life. Nowadays, I get more divine appointments through emails from friends more than in my day.
God Bless, y'all !
(holy snap.. i'm not from texas or anything.... although i did hear that the word y'all is becoming more and more popular all over the nation in teens and young adults... whoop for that!)
Ooh! And the Spurs won :) GO SPURS GO!!!

No comments: