Wednesday, December 07, 2005

an update to earlier:

Well, today was a very interesting day. Our class today was super low-key. A bit of tension this morning with kids coming in, emotions being shed, a general state of shock. There were random people there, counselors to offer an ear, distraught kids, shocked teachers. We didn't do a whole lot; watched tv, watched a movie, had lunch in the classroom, made Christmas ornaments for their parents and looked at pictures of Tim.

This blog is slow going because I don't want to face it. I don't want to face the fact that my student, my friend, my homie Tim Pratt is never coming to school again. I don't want to think about how he died, I don't want to think about the things people say or said, I don't want to think about the way this has affected our school and I don't want to think about how this is going to affect me. I have no clue. I think this is the first time I've cried all day. I am really good at putting up a front, but get me alone with my thoughts and I become a teary eyed, sniffling ... person.

I don't remember the last thing he said to me, or the last thing I said to him. I don't even know if I told him goodbye yesterday. But I remember how he was yesterday. Yesterday was a good day. He didn't get in trouble, he earned his Pepsi. In weightlifting, he was goofy Tim who just wanted to make faces at himself in the mirror. He bench pressed his max yesterday, 45 lbs. He worked hard yesterday and made me smile.

Y'all please pray for the Pratt family. If you could only begin to understand their life... if I could only begin to understand...

Jennifer is in guarded condition in ICU, the other survivor Courtney is out of ICU in stable condition. Our school is in shock, and grieving. Pray for us!

I love you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey randi read my blog..I'd think you'd appreciate it.

love ya!!