Tuesday, February 28, 2006

laissé les bons temps roule!

It's Fat Tuesday!!

Monday night was great. I .. ME.. Randi .. YES .. Me.. I cooked dinner. Not only was it dinner -- but it was red beans & rice and boudain. Oh yes.. that's right .. boudain. Uh huh.. and for those of you who don't know what boudain is - I won't tell you what it is other than it's really good eatin. And then you have to try it . . . THEN I'll tell you what it is. ;o)

Anyways. Kat and I had some people over for Fat Monday simply because I wouldn't be able to have people over tonight because I'll be in Harker Heights for soccer games. It was good! We had, as aforementioned, red beans & rice, boudain, cornbread, banana pudding and king cake. Oh yes, and Ryan brought over some kick butt cafe au lait. He said it was "king cake" flavored. It was good whatever flavor you wanna call it.

Other than having a good time and laughing and having everything feel like it used to, the best part of the night was when Ryan complimented me on dinner. From a guy who cooks and throws around words like creme and marinade and all these culinary terms, that was like the highlight.



I wish I could send you some Tony Chachere's red beans & rice and some HEB bought boudain and king cake. . . But I'll just pray that you "laissé les bons temps roule!"

No comments: