Friday, May 13, 2005

ARGH! Why does it take being mean to get a phone call???

I have this friend whom I love very much and he means a lot to me... and we've known each other for a very long time now. I call him, I text him.. but he does not return my calls. It bugs me and worries me to no end! And I'm sure I could just say he has a communication problem, but that simply scratches the surface.

So I called him tonight because I haven't talked to him since like, January, and I wanted to see how his semester was going/ending up. Last I heard, he was graduating this semester and I wanted to extend my good wishes for him. Well, he didn't answer. So I tried to leave a message, but it was screwed up so I text messaged him.

Basically, I said: Hey. I want to talk to you. You need to call me. I call and you don't call back. I'm worried about you and you're not being a good friend. Call.

Yeah, pretty much that's what it said. So I go to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, then sit down at the computer and my phone starts ringing. Well I think it's Mike, simply because I have not talked to him all day, but it's my friend. I honestly was not expecting a phone call from him at all. But he did.

We talked for only a few minutes because he was out and I was getting ready for bed and neither of us really could talk about what really needed to be said. So I invited him to my graduation party this weekend and told him to call me tomorrow so we could talk a little and so he could get directions to the party. I really hope he calls me tomorrow.... there's really nothing like losing a best friend to lack of communication....

Gosh this sucks. I mean, I'm feeling kind of sad right now - not crying sad, but disappointed sad, frustrated sad. I'm disappointed in me for not being more persistant, and in him for being horrible at returning calls.

This has been my prayer today, and now it applies even more... These are excerpts from MercyMe's song 'Homesick' They don't apply the way you think they might, but they've been inspiration and constant comfort since 2 this afternoon. God gives me the words in my heart at just the right time.

And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

Ha... oh yeah, Mike and I graduate this weekend. I guess that is something good to share.

Please keep me in your prayers and please keep my friend in your prayers... he ... sigh... He needs to get back to his roots and he needs to remember how it feels to be complete in Christ and to really have full satisfaction solely in that relationship.

No comments: