Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's a great day to be alive!
I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes.
There's some hard times in the neighborhood,
But why can't every day be just this good?
-Travis Tritt

Ya'll I heard this song today, and honestly thought,
1) how long has it been since I've heard this song? and
2) how long has it been since I listened to the lyrics of this song?

I was driving down Hwy 21 on my way home from Caldwell, and this song popped up on the radio (because I'm radio ADD) and it made me smile. Because today truly has been a great day! I woke up this morning and was a little tired and a little late getting to school, but no one really noticed! I walked into the office and the ladies were so sweet to me (they usually are, but today was extra nice). The kids were pretty stinkin' good today (for the most part) and I dunno.. it was a good day at school overall. So on my way back to B/CS, I heard that song on the radio and it just made me happy! :)
So here's the rest of my evening...
I ran home for all of 4 minutes and headed out to the church to pick up an application for a summer job. Then I headed over to the Pryor's because I love them so much. I got to play with Paige for a little bit (she is getting so big!) and talk with Mandy and Stoney. They are a great family and I am so blessed to know them and have their support, love and prayers!!
After that short visit, I went BACK to the church to change clothes and see the counselors before they had their meeting. So I left there and went to my softball game. And dude... the 6:15 game was incredible! My first up-to-bat was awesome!! I hit a triple!! And then later on in the game, I caught this awesome ball out in left field! I was running up to it, cuz it was about to hit the ground, and I just ran up, lowered my glove, almost to the ground and CAUGHT IT !!! Yeah... it was just awesome.
So after the game, I went to dinner with my small group to J.Cody's BBQ for our last meeting together. It was so great, especially since it is Lauren's bday today... (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!)
Well, that pretty much covers it for today... seems like a pretty long day huh? Well, it was, but like I said.. It has been a great day :)

"This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

Much love!

No comments: