Saturday, May 07, 2005

So much better! :)

Please do not go away until I come back
and bring my offering and set it before you."
And the LORD said,
"I will wait until you return."
Judges 6:18

The story of Gideon here talks about how God chose Gideon, the least of his family, to save the Israelites from Midian. Midian was oppressive and powerful and the Israelites were afraid of him. They plead to God for help and God chose Gideon. Gideon tests God's power and will two times before he takes off to save the Israelites. Of course, God proves His will each time so Gideon takes off.
When I saw this verse, I just remembered how God is always waiting for me to come back to him with my offering, my sacrifice. And yet, we are waiting on Him too. We wait for His truth, His passion, His will... and He waits for our offering, our acknowledgement, our plea for help, our love. His love is more than we can fathom, which in of itself is hard to understand. But He waits. For some, He waits their whole life for just a glimpse, for others, He waits through some double-triple-octuple takes, and for more, He waits for an eye-contact, grasping stare. I want to give Him my stare.
He deserves my stare, my locked-on undivided attention.

What have I done to deserve your son sent to die for me
What can I give I want to live give me eyes to see
In a world that keeps changin’ there’s one thing that I know is true
Your love is stayin’ there’s nothing else I’ll hold onto

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I’m in awe of why you do
Why you do

-Jadon Lavik

No comments: