Sunday, May 15, 2005

K.. so i saw that friend today. He came to my house this afternoon for the grad party my mom threw. It was really good seeing him. I miss his friendship. After 5 years of little communication it's a good refresher to see my friend. I gotta say, I still am worried about him. I dunno.. he's going to be here this summer which makes me happy. :) That means I'll have Danny AND him!! But I won't have Mike.... it's okay because God is good!

Today I walked across the stage. I graduated from college today. I got my diploma today. I officially received my degree today. Today I was rewarded with a piece of paper that has some fancy-schmancy words on it to acknowledge 5 years of hard work (well not that hard) and dedication to my university and to my schooling. As of today, I never have to attend college class again.

Ooh.. I like the last one the best :) WHOOP.

I gotta say, this morning I was nervous. When we got onto the floor I was anxious. Halfway through the ceremony I was bored. When we stood to get in the line I was nervous. As I reached the top of the stairs I was ready. When I walked across the stage, all I could think was, smile and don't trip. Then I got to the end and I gave my prof a big hug which is especially funny because he's not really my favorite prof... now that I think about it, I think I was so out of it that I wasn't thinking when I walked up to him. Hahaha... wow...

Today has been a flurry of emotions, as you can tell. It's amazing how much people care for you and how they congratulate you when stuff goes good. And it's even better when they're there for you when stuff goes bad. Today was great. I have to admit, today was great. Yeah... yeah.

I was surfin around on the net and came across this song by Garth Brooks that I just love. The lyrics are amazing and they encourage me to never give up, never quit because everything around me tells me I'm different. It encourages me to follow my heart, follow my gut. Check these out....

"The Change"
One hand
Reaches out
And pulls a lost soul from harm
While a thousand more go unspoken for
They say what good have you done
By saving just this one
It's like whispering a prayer
In the fury of a storm

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

This heart
Still believes
The love and mercy still exist
While all the hatred rage and so many say
That love is all but pointless in madness such as this
It's like trying to stop a fire
With the moisture from a kiss

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

As long as one heart still holds on
Then hope is never really gone
I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world we know
Never changes me

What I do is so
This world will know
That it will not change me

They're just great. I love that song. So great.... Here's a parting scripture for you from my friend Katie. She showed me this today and I just like it :)

2 Timothy 4:5-8
But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

No comments: