Saturday, May 21, 2005

Well, my good friend beat me home today. James went to see Jesus, met Him face to face. I am sad to lose him but really, and I have to keep telling myself this, he's so much happier now where he is. And on the way home tonight, I couldn't help but think about the scripture in 1 Corinthians 13:
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
This verse totally made me smile. All I could think was that James now sees face to face. And now James fully knows. How awesome and amazing.
And what an amazing man James was. His faith over the years that I have known him has just been a huge testimony and a great example to follow. He has been someone that I look up to and someone that I could count on for anything. He became a wonderful listener and I could only hope to be that great of a friend to someone else.
Ya know, I have known the Barretts closely for probably 6-7 years, and they have been nothing but supportive of me in my college career and in life in general. James and Carol really got me through my freshman year at A&M ... and James got to see me all the way through school. I know I'm selfish, but it's true. They prayed a lot for me and they prayed me through it. I owe that family so much.
Sometimes life just sucks, and yeah, earlier this evening life was sucking. But eventually, the joy came with the morning. (Psalm 30:5) Jesus is celebrating with James, and I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather James be....

Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... that was really nice of you to write something about my dad. I saw that the link in your info was the same as my away message... if you saw it. Our internet is being weird so I don't know when I'm on and when I'm not, but they were exactly the same. That may just be coincindence, but I thought that was pretty cool. Thanks for being up there last night! It meant a lot to everyone. Jackie