Thursday, January 06, 2005

Ha! Sorry for keeping you in suspense!! First day of school went great!! I wore my coachin' clothes :-p and new tennies and had my whistle hangin' out of my pocket -- the whole sha-bang! I had a great first day. LOTS of K-2 kiddos. Like, 400 kids between the ages of 5 and 8. yeah, that's a lot of untied shoelaces and tattlers. But it's all good. Came home after school and took a 20 minute nap which was great!! After that, headed over to Tigerland Stadium to watch the boys' alumni soccer game - it was intense! 1-0, old dudes. Yay! It was fun stuff. Came home, talked to Mikey on the phone for a lil bit and hit the hay, hard.

Day 2 was not too shabby either. The nurse came in for a 'head check.' Yeah.. that means a lice head check. Personally, I do not remember having head checks in elementary school. But since they live in a pretty rural area, I guess the probability of getting and spreading those nasty little guys is a lot higher. We also started a basketball unit. Picture this: a 3ft, 9inch kid playing with and dribbling a ball that is a foot in diameter! HOW CUTE!!! They seemed to have a good ol' time. They learned to dribble and they also went over the bones of the body. Yes... K-2 kids screaming out 10 bones -- VERTEBRAE! SACRUM! COCCYX! FEMUR! PATELLA! (yes, i'm listing all of them..it will amaze you) TIBIA! FIBULA! TARSALS! METATARSALS! PHALANGES! STERNUM! RIBS! sooooo Cute! And you know they said all of that in the sing-song voice of little children! And they really do know all those bones; it's simply amazing. After school, I drove home in the COLD and YUCK and changed into my soccer duds. Oh yes, that's right... Girls' Alumni game. It was SOOOOOO cold and windy! But it was a great time! I lasted a lot longer than I thought I would have. We didn't have enough old girls, so Pryor graciously gave us 4 of his 8 that were on his bench. I just couldn't tell Mike how much fun it was (only like, 8 times in our conversation last night did I say "but it was so fun," and, "we had a good time."). But, again, it really was fun!! I just love getting out there and playing and remembering the camraderie we all shared and the good times we had together and gosh, the great physical shape we were all in!! I often say that I would never go back to high school and do it again, but truthfully, I would go back and do soccer ALL over again. It was THE best part of h.s. So anyways, finished the game, went to Wings N more for dinner as we always do, then went home. I fell asleep SO quickly last night - it was fabulous!

And Day 3 - School was hard today. I was super tired and I am sore like crazy. My back is the worst. It's not so bad, but it sure makes me hunch over a little when I walk. I could go for a back rub right about now...ahem. hehe.. In class the kids worked on dribbling and passing the ball, you know, chest pass and bounce pass. It was good times. The morning drags on and then after lunch, it flies!! Ooh - I had a Dr Pepper with my lunch and it picked me up real quick. When I got home this afternoon, I sat for like 15 minutes and I checked email and all that good stuff. Now Mom and I are heading off to Wally World to get some goodies because she doesn't have enough sweet foods here to satisfy my sweet tooth!! Oh and the Spurs are playing tonight so I have to root them on too!!

I was reminded this morning to keep my eyes on the Lord and to give my day to Him. And also to run to meet Him. So many times we run away from Him. Isn't that a scary thought? We run away from the God who created us, who loves us so much and will never leave us. I pray that I can run to Him every morning, every minute of my day.

Looking forward to a Friday... :)

No comments: