Monday, January 03, 2005

Today went well! Got goin close to 10:30 which put me in Caldwell at 11. I met my teachers and they seem to be really nice. They talk a lot, like any other teacher. I guess when you work with someone long enough, then you become pretty good friends. They talked about everything. It was crazy. But it was fun! I am ready to get started. I can only listen to procedure so much. I wasn't nervous at all this morning. Thank you Jesus! I read some in Romans last night and it was really the first verse that said something to me; "This letter is from Paul, Jesus Christ's slave, chosen to be a missionary, and sent out to preach God's Good News." (Romans 1:1) I had to remember that God is sending me to Caldwell to learn and to continue shining my light and being myself in these schools. After being there today, I am confident that I will learn plenty!
It was kinda funny - we drove over to the middle school this afternoon and I met my other teacher for the second 6 wks. Turns out, she is the grandmother of one my kids from Kids Klub. AND the school counselor is the mom of one of the kids from church! It's so crazy how small-town College Station is. Yes, College Station. We don't think about it that way, but when you've lived here as long as I have and when you have jobs and stuff like that, you get to make so many connections!
Living with Mom is going okay I guess. She just expects me to be social or something, but I'm plenty content in my room. I've just gotten used to it. Hopefully, once school starts back up for the college kids, I'll get to start back to 24/7 and Refuge.
Anywho.. I'm off to watch Thomas' movie -- Joe Dirt. Lemme tell ya, so far... it's a great movie. I think I've laughed like... twice. Let's hope it looks up.

No comments: