Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wednesday Jan 12

guess what. It's Wednesday, 3pm and I am already home!! Ha! I'll get to that in a second...

So Tuesday, got to school and had a pretty good day! Coach Huddleston asked me if I wanted to be 'worked into the rotation,' which means, teach a few classes. So, I said, "sure!" It really wasn't so bad. There were a few "um's" and "uh's" but I blame that on the fact that I didn't write the lesson so I wasn't 100% on what I was supposed to be hitting on. Overall, it went well! The second grade kids I taught were wonderful. I was almost shocked at how well they listened and how quiet they were! At one point, think I even stopped and stared at the class. I was in awe! Anyways.. it went well and I know I will do a ton better when I actually write the lesson myself. Oooo.. and I got a speeding ticket on the way home from dropping my teacher off at the airport. And I know it sounds horrible, but my mom isn't super worried about it, so neither am I. I mean, yeah, I was speeding and I got caught. I'm not mad at the cop. I'm not mad period. I broke the law and I got caught, so I got penalized. There's nothing I can do about it. Anyways.. I'm sure it should be bothering me more but whatever.

Today - I went to a meeting in College Station for a Positive Behavior seminar thing. It was cool I guess. Coach warned me that pretty much everything the presenters talk about are ideas Caldwell Elem already puts into effect. And this was true; nearly all the ideas and suggestions they gave should be obvious to any competent teacher or administrator. It was a bit of a joke. But I enjoyed speding time with those teachers and getting to know them better. I think I'll feel a lot more comfortable around the school now that I have some names and faces. And another plus!! The meeting started at 9am!! AND we went out to eat, AND we got to go home at 2:45!! Whoo!! So today has been good and probably will only get better!

Spurs play tonight vs Milwaukee; maybe we'll win! Ha.. yeah we will.

No comments: