Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I am not very happy right now. I talked a friend earlier this evening and she mentioned that the evacuees who are staying at Reed Arena in College Station are basically being kicked out and must be out of the shelter there by Friday. THIS Friday. I about flipped out when I heard this. So when I got home, I asked my mom to please dispel a rumor.. So I told her what I had heard, and she told me it was true. That's when I blew my lid. I said words in front of my mom I've never said before. I am so mad. The, basically, only reason that these people have to be out of the arena by Friday is for one event. . . First Yell.

That pisses me off SO bad. GARRR Why can't the location be changed ?! Or postponed!!?? Honestly! These evacuees have probably been here less than a week, and now we're saying, okay, find a place to live cause you can't stay here no more! So frustrating!! The past week or so, there have been countless articles in the Battalion about how the Aggie Family is doing such a great thing and how we're taking these people in and helping in so many ways, and then Bob Gates turns around and says they're out. Screw him! (sorry) All he cares about is the business side of the university. Is he going to offer his home to those who can't find one? Or is he just going to let them go out and live on the street? Honestly!? These people have next to nothing - their homes possibly destroyed, living in a different state with the clothes in their suitcases and their family. It's not a lot if you're looking at it from the materialistic side, which I am right now. These people can't afford to live in hotels, so how the heck are they going to be able to afford living in an apartment? They probably don't have jobs especially since they've only been here a little over a week.. They have no furniture .. It just aggravates me that no one can do anything to change Mr. Gates' mind (i'm not calling him the president of my university. any man who kicks people out with next to nothing so he can host a fundraiser for yell leaders is not my president.)

I'm sorry if I have upset you or made you angry. And I'm even more sorry that we can't do anything about it right now. But my mom told me that this is going to come back to haunt Gates. And the more stupid stuff he does, the better the university is in my opinion. Cause he'll be gone faster, Lord willing.

Other than that piece of information, my day has been okay. My head hurts a little right now from sinus pressure, but I felt pretty good during the day. My bible study went well, but it was a little chaotic. I think we'll be okay. Please be praying for me with that. I am going to be facilitating a group of women who are all older than I and that makes me nervous, but I know that God has put me in there for a really good reason. And I can't wait to find out why. And please please be in prayer for the evacuees who are having to leave Reed. I just wish there was some big way I could help. . . Pray that they either provide another place to stay or that they all find adequate housing.

No comments: