Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Some thoughts before we start a new day ...

This is actually what I was thinking about during Jerry's somewhat good sermon (actually preached solely on scripture!!) last Sunday...
Here's part of the scripture: "So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus." Mark 10:49b-50
In the version I read, it said take heart. But either way, this kept repeating through me head all throughout his sermon ... take heart, get up! He is calling you. He's calling ME. He's calling YOU. How awesome and how great is it to know that we are being called by CHRIST.. we're being called. This is not some junk spam email that we're getting, nothing impersonal. This is not a telemarkter just doing their job, wanting to entice you to sign up for a credit card or donate money. This is CHRIST .. calling YOU and ME. These are intimate, planned, personal phone calls. These are the calls that last a lifetime, when you talk about everything and nothing for hours and hours. This is the call that you don't ever want to end early or screen with your caller id. Pick up the phone! It's worth more than a missed tv program, it's worth more than an instant message conversation, it's worth more ... so much more.


Tonight as I was finishing up my bible study in preparation for tomorrow, the last question I had to answer was "What are you living for?" At first, I didn't want to even think about it - our questions in this study tend to get us to focus on the negative in our lives. I chose to go for the positive tonight. This is a "personal response" question, so consider yourself blessed to be reading this...
I live to glorify Christ! I live to survive in this world. I live to bring joy to others. I live to be a good friend, listening ear and helping hand. I live to love, to give to recieve an everlasting life.

What are YOU living for?

No comments: