Sunday, September 04, 2005

God's love truly does abound!!

I have seen this in action for the past week, I guess, since we have had new residents in our church and since most of the evacuees have come to the Greater Houston area. It's just simply amazing to see God's love being shown through the volunteers, the people who prepare the food, the businesses who are offering free services, and especially through some of our residents.

I'm doing great - I have been talking to Wendy a lot and just because she's not here doesn't mean that she's not my friend and that we're not going to talk like every day like we used to. Every other day will have to do. :o) I realized through a few people that I do still have friends here to hang out with. They might not be my bosom buddies, but they are still my friends and they love me and vice versa. They have been so good to me especially over the past few days. I dunno.. I guess it sounds weird, but it means a lot to me.

Work is going well still. When I was probably a sophomore in college, I asked my advisor about getting my certification in special ed and she suggested that I get certified by emergency certification after I graduated. Well, I've graduated and now that I work in a special ed setting, I consider it more and more. Probably should be something I look into!!

I get more and more excited and impatient for soccer season to get here ... COME ON!!! haha

Next week I'll start attending a new bible study at my church for women. We're going to study three New Testament books; Galatians, Ephesians, and Philippians. I've always wanted to study Galatians and Ephesians (already have Philippians), and I think that being in this study is going to be really beneficial to me simply because I'll be learning a lot and meeting and getting to know a lot of the women at my church whom I may not know very well. (psh.. like i don't know everyone... haha jk)

Well I gotta go to church this morning! I'm going to go to the 9:30 service just to hear the sermon and then to the Journey cause I love it. I love you guys!!

No comments: