Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Well, she's comin. Rita is on her way, and they are predicting that she's headed straight for Matagorda Bay, which is south of Houston, North of Corpus Christi. They've set a mandatory evacuation for Galveston and they have suggested evacuation from Houston, and surrounding low-lying areas. Here in CS, the Aggies and Tigers have moved up their games to Thursday night, both at 7:30pm. School is still on for now, hopefully we won't have a need to cancel it. Mom made me go out and buy some water holders and I bought some Gatorade and juice. I've never been through a hurricane, so I don't really know what to expect, but I'm not super worried.. yet. I think it will all depend on how hard and how close it hits Houston, but CS is in the crappy part of the storm, the northwest quadrant. So even if the eye doesn't go over us, it might still seem like it.
We'll see what this storm brings. We just have to remember that no matter the size of the storm, our God is so much bigger!! Please be praying for those who are evacuating and those who can't or won't.

No comments: