Thursday, September 15, 2005

OKAY!

So here's what happened on Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY .. Sunday was CRASH (into me..) Haha.. sorry for all this weirdness, I'm a little tired at the moment. Anywhos -- We started setting up for CRASH around 2:30pm and B Smith asked me at one point if I was staying the whole night. And I said, yeah of course. And he replied with, "Good, cause you're going to want to be there through the end." So that kind of got me thinking....

So CRASH started and everyone was having a good ol time. I was waving cars into the parking lot, being a greeter and whatnot. Then I went over and grabbed a pizza roll and a drink, socialized for maybe 3 minutes tops, and started walking around to the games. I got to the boxing ring and got pulled over to take over for Mark Hollis. I think he was just tired of standing there. And for good reason too! I stood there for the rest of the evening and I was a little tired from just standing on this big bouncy thing, having to constantly regain my balance and use my entire body as a shock absorber. But it was all good because then we went inside for the Wayne Kerr concert.

We were all really pumped up. I knew it was gonna rock, so I headed to the front to claim a spot for the concert. It was honestly one of the better Wayne Kerr concerts I had been to in the past few years. I was just in a really good mood or something. So we sang for a good long time and then at the end, I started getting this nervous feeling because I knew the end of CRASH was coming.

So Brian got up on stage and started saying something and then called me up on stage!! (For those of you who have not been around me when I'm at a Wayne Kerr concert, I always request that Wayne play one of his first songs, "Love Love Hey" simply because it's fun and it's one of the first songs I ever heard him play way back when in 7th grade.) So I go up there and Brian says some more things and about how Wayne was going to play a special song for me. And then I didn't hear anything else Brian said. I honestly don't remember! So Wayne gets to the microphone and starts playing a little .. and then he was telling the audience that he really never plays this song, but that it was an old song and that he was gonna play it just for me. By this time, I KNEW that he was doin Love Love Hey. Unfortunately, he honestly doesn't remember the song and so he only sang the chorus, but it was so much fun!

(I was going to put some pictures up, but the internet is so jacked up here at the house, so that will be in my next post.)

Sunday was my last official night as a youth counselor. I think I am going to miss it, but this very second, I'm okay with not being there anymore. I still talk to all the kids and I still hang out with most of the counselors, so not a lot has changed other than I won't be going on Sunday nights to the church anymore. We'll see how I really feel once Sunday comes around. For now, I'm good to go. God's opening a lot of doors and windows right now for me and I'm excited about what God's got in the future for me.

And for right now, I'm goin to bed. Tomorrow's Friday!! YAY! Weekend sleep in, here I come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jerk :P

Randi said...

Check again, kiddo.. I've updated